Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor (HS Clinical, Clinical X, Adjunct In-Residence) - Urology Oncology
The University of California, San Diego (UCSD) School of Medicine, Department of Urology (http://urology.ucsd.edu/default.aspx) is committed to academic excellence and diversity within the faculty, staff and student body and is recruiting for a new faculty member with a focus on Urologic Oncology.
The position will service both UCSD locations and the Veterans Administration Healthcare San Diego System. This position will include participation in patient care, teaching and research and emphasize faculty candidates with outstanding research backgrounds and the ability to have a dedicated research component to their careers.
Qualified candidates must meet the following criteria:
1) MD degree
2) Board certification or eligibility in Urology
3) Extensive experience or fellowship training in Urology/Urologic Oncology
4) Commitment to research and education
5) Must have or be able to obtain a California medical license.
The preferred candidate will also have experience or a willingness to participate in teaching, mentoring, research or service towards building an equitable and diverse scholarly environment.
The appropriate series and appointment at the Assistant, Associate or Full Professor level will be based on the candidate's qualifications and experience.
A link to full descriptions of each series is provided for your review:
HS Clinical Professor - see: http://www.ucop.edu/academic-personnel-programs/_files/apm/apm-278.pdf
Clinical X Professor - see: http://www.ucop.edu/academic-personnel-programs/_files/apm/apm-275.pdf
Adjunct Professor - see: http://ucop.edu/academic-personnel-programs/_files/apm/apm-280.pdf
In-Residence Professor - see: http://www.ucop.edu/academic-personnel-programs/_files/apm/apm-270.pdf
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and based on the University of California pay scales. Appointments may require candidates to be self-funded.
Applications must be submitted through the University of California San Diego's Academic Personnel RECRUIT system at:http://apptrkr.com/1122174.
References (contact information or letter of recommendation) may be requested from all finalists.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
San Diego, CA
• Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
• Cover Letter
• Statement of Research (Optional)
• Statement of Teaching (Optional)
• Statement of Contributions to diversity - Applicants should summarize their past or potential contributions to diversity. See our http://facultyexcellence.ucsd.edu/c2d/index.html site for more information.
• Misc / Additional (Optional)
How to apply
• Create an ApplicantID
• Provide required information and documents
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/1122174