This position is located in the Department of Surgery, Urology Service at the Albany Stratton VA Medical Center in Albany, New York. This position is responsible for providing a broad range of urologic interventions to all Veterans. Each Urologist functions as a cooperative and collegial team member with the entire staff.
If selected, you will be charged with delivering the best possible urologic care to our Veteran patients. This care must be delivered in accordance with hospital policy and meet community standards and pertains to outpatients as well as inpatients.
Your basic responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
· Participating in and/or manages all aspects of a general urology program to include clinical, administrative, and academic components
· Managing a broad range of urologic interventions.
· Performing surgery as indicated for genitourinary injuries and disease including major and minor procedures, stone management, urology consultation for inpatients and outpatients.
· Maintaining good diagnostic, judgmental, and therapeutic acumen.
· Participating in a shared rotation of night and weekend On-Call coverage.
· Serving as leader and/or active member on Medical Center committees as requested.
· United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
· Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
· Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
· Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
· Proficiency in spoken and written English.
· Physical requirements outlined below.
American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Certification (ACLS):
· Appointee must obtain the American Heart Association BLS and ACLS prior to assuming position.
Internal Number: 18TPS-014
About Stratton VA Medical Center
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?The Stratton VA Medical Center, part of the NY/NJ VA Healthcare System, is located in the heart of Albany. Albany, the capital city of New York, the seat of Albany County, and the central city of New York's Capital District, is roughly 140 miles north of New York City and sits on the west bank of the Hudson River. Opened in 1951, our Medical Center serves 22 counties of Upstate New York, Western Massachusetts and Vermont. In 1990 this facility was named in honor of Samuel S. Stratton, U.S. Congressman for 30 years of the 23rd District, a staunch supporter of veterans and a frequent visitor to our hospital.