Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center is a 537-bed (including 100 nursing home beds) teaching hospital and a member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island. With almost 900 physicians on staff, and a Level II Trauma Center, we care for well over 100,000 patients annually across the south shore of Long Island. We were ranked among the Best Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report (2014-2015), in addition to being named a Top Performer by The Joint Commission in 2014. The hospital was also cited as a top performer in eight specialties – cancer; gastroenterology and GI surgery; geriatrics; gynecology; neurology and neurosurgery; orthopedics; pulmonology and urology. Our reputation for excellence is built on great choices and empowered leadership, and fosters a team that’s focused on evidence based practice, continual learning and exceptional quality of care.
The division of Hospital Medicine is currently seeking Nocturnists to join our team of 19 full time staff. This position consists of 12 hour shifts with a 7 on/7 off schedule. As a Nocturnist you will be dedicated to admitting patients.
- Providing Hospitalist medical services to the best of your medical and clinical knowledge
- Ensuring accordance with Hospital policies and procedures
- Providing services to designated patients in the Emergency Department
- Providing full or partial services to private attending physicians who elect to utilize the Hospitalist Services
- Assuming full service to unassigned patients as indicated (hospitalist only)
- Ensuring compliance with all Joint Commission Standards and all other regulatory compliance
- Possessing up to date ACLS/BLS and NIHSS Stroke Certifications
To qualify, you must have a Doctorate Degree in Medicine or Osteopathic Medicine, be trained in Internal Medicine with Board Certification (or be Board Eligible), or, be trained in Family Practice with Board Certification and 3 years of inpatient medicine experience.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. For immediate consideration, please email your CV to: Anthony.Uberti@chsli.org
GOOD SAMARITAN HOSPITAL MEDICAL CENTER
A Member of the Catholic Health Services of Long Island
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V