Providence is calling a full time, day shift Clinical Supervisor Nursing - Surgery to Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro in San Pedro, CA.
In this position you will:
- Be a licensed professional nurse who is responsible for maintaining standards or professional ethical practice in accordance with regulatory agencies and the California Nurse Practice Act.
- In coordination with the manager, is responsible for overseeing the daily workflow, staffing, orientation, training and developing of employees.
- Promote and supports a collaborative team approach in providing care.
- Be the liaison for the unit(s) and provides physicians, families, college affiliates and ancillary departments with direction and/or assistance as needed.
- Support and interprets policies, procedures, philosophy and objectives of the hospital.
- Respond to patients and families with knowledge of age-specific needs based on Scope of Service of unit/department where assigned.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Requires a California State Registered Nurse License, with a minimum of BSN with one (1) year acute hospital experience, or three (3) years experience in an acute care hospital with a BSN in progress; or four (4) years acute care experience with a BS in a health-related field.
- Requires general skills applicable to assigned nursing unit
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Certification in related nursing field preferred.
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro is a 356-bed nonprofit hospital serving the Harbor and greater South Bay communities since 1925. We are proud of providing the South Bay with high-quality medical care and compassionate service by offering a comprehensive array of medical services distinguished by innovation, quality, and excellence.
The medical center has 7 surgery suites, a gastrointestinal lab for endoscopic exams and colonoscopies, and a spacious recovery area. Our suites, which accommodate both inpatients and outpatients, are designed and equipped with the latest technology to meet the needs of our patients and their surgeons as required for a broad spectrum of procedures.
·* *Procedures include neuro, ortho spine, total joint replacement, minimally invasive repair, plastic reconstructive, urology, GYN, podiatry, and general surgery including Lap procedures.
·* *7 Operating Rooms
·* *1486 Outpatient surgeries per year
·* *Friendly supportive community hospital environment that performs a broad spectrum of cases
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative Support (Clinical)
Location: California-San Pedro
Req ID: 142621