Providence is calling a Registered Nurse - Labor & Delivery (Per Diem/Night shift ) to Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center in Torrance, California.
Join an active team providing high-quality services that feature advanced technological capabilities, comfortable suites and compassionate clinical care. Named a "Baby-Friendly" hospital by Baby-Friendly USA, Inc., our unit has 22 LDRP (labor, delivery, recovery, postpartum) rooms, delivers approximately 3,000 babies annually, and attends to high-risk antepartum Moms.
From advanced equipment monitoring the condition of the fetus during labor, to birthing beds designed to provide optimum comfort for mothers during labor that can then be quickly converted for delivery, to caring for the family as a unit by providing a peaceful and serene healing environment in a relaxed, non-institutional atmosphere, Providence is passionate about knowing, caring for, and easing the way of every person we serve.
Providence Health & Services is also passionate about caring for our caregivers and since Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance is located within three miles of Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach, and Redondo Beach, where residents enjoy an average temperature of 72 degrees and a smog-free beach environment, we sit in a wonderful place for work/life balance.
For more information on Providence Health & Services, please watch this short video: https://youtu.be/d3UiKKt52Cg?list=PL01D9EB12344ECC85
In this position you will:
- Provide and supervise professional, independent nursing care for Providence patients, that is as evidence-based as possible.
- Provide care that is based in the nursing process and is consistent with the California Nurse Practice Act, the American Nurses Association (ANA) Scope and Standards, and the ANA Code of Ethics.
- Apply knowledge of assessing, planning, ordering, giving, delegating, teaching, and supervising professional nursing care delivery that promotes patients' optimal health and independence.
- Have a broad range of general nursing knowledge and expertise. In addition, development and validation of knowledge and skills essential to the assigned department, patient population, and/or practice area are crucial.
- Participate in and lead clinical teams.
- Supervise, assign, or delegate to licensed vocational nurses (LVN), unlicensed assistive personnel, and other caregivers as needed.
- Perform all duties in a manner that promotes effective team functioning and reflects the Sisters of Providence and Little Company of Mary mission and philosophy and the Nurse's Bill of Rights.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current California Registered Nurse ( RN ) license
- Current Basic Life Support ( BLS ) certification for Healthcare Providers sponsored by the American Heart Association required at time of hire.
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support ( ACLS ) certification for Healthcare Provider from American Heart Association
- Current Neonatal Resuscitation Program ( NRP ) certification
- 1 year of RN experience in Labor & Delivery ( L&D )
- Relevant training and certification applicable to the position, as specified by Nurse Manager
- Nursing degree/dipoma upon hire
- Bachelors of Nursing (BSN) or higher, required within three (3) years OR 20 years of RN experience
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in nursing strongly recommended
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance has served the South Bay communities for over 40 years and today boasts a reputation for clinical excellence and as a highly regarded emergency heart care designation. The 436-bed hospital is known for specialties including cardiovascular services, women's and children's health, oncology and is at the forefront of minimally-invasive robotics technology for cardiac, gynecologic, and urologic procedures.
The Women's Health Department recognizes that services are best performed through inter-disciplinary collaboration with active family participation and offers a full range of educational classes, fetal diagnostic testing and genetic counseling services, an inpatient family centered obstetrical unit, a Mother-Baby Home follow-up program for eligible families.
The first hospital in Los Angeles to provide single room NICU units which include an on-site neonatologist 24 hours a day, we also boast an inpatient obstetric unit that is one of the South Bay's most active.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Labor & Delivery/Obstetric Nursing
Req ID: 137559