At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. Memorial Care stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
The Clinical Database Coordinator's chief responsibility is to abstract data from patient medical records for entry in and maintenance of databases that the Children's Heart Institute participates in, including Society of Thoracic Surgeons Congenital Heart Surgery database, the IMPACT registry, and others. This is accomplished through high quality clinical screening, data compilation, accurate data abstraction, documentation and entry of all eligible medical center cases. In addition, the Clinical Database Coordinator will prepare and implement data harvests as required by individual registries, maintain and update the Children's Heart Institute quality dashboard, and prepare reports as requested for quality improvement projects, morbidity & Mortality conferences, and regulatory requirements. The Clinical Database Coordinator also works closely with the Children's Heart Institute related medical staff and hospital staff throughout the spectrum of pediatric cardiac services (inpatient, outpatient, CVOR, Cardiac Cath Lab, Cardiodiagnostics, and Imaging) to identify opportunities for clinical quality improvement and other special projects as may be identified.
1. 5+ years clinical experience in care of pediatric patients with congenital/acquired heart disease in CVOR, ICU, or Cardiac Catheterization Lab.
2. Excellent problem-solving skills, able to multitask and coordinate competing deadlines, self-directed.
3. Excellent skills in working with all members of the interdisciplinary team.
4. Proficient skills in computer applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
5. Previous experience with data abstraction or database management not required, but preferred.
6. Data analysis experience not required, but beneficial.
7. Experience in use of electronic medical record systems (EPIC preferred)
1. Bachelor's degree in related field preferred. 2. Registered Nurse (would consider Radiologic Technologist with similar years of pediatric Cardiac catheterization experience). 3. BLS