Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
* Records bank deposits for all clients on the bank deposit log daily. Maintains the bank deposits to be error free.
* Accommodates changes in workload within the department.
* During light workload situations, seeks out additional tasks / duties for the department.
* Demonstrates flexibility in accepting schedule and work assignments.
* Keeps supervisor informed when problems may interfere with work being completed on time.
* Uses initiative to resolve problems with appropriate action and follow through.
* Be at work and be on time
* Follow company policies, procedures and directives
* Interact in a positive and constructive manner
* Prioritize and multitask
Essential Job Outcomes
* Records deposit totals on client daily deposit log spreadsheets and maintains them to be error free.
* Accurately sorts, opens, and prepares patient and insurance payments for deposit into the client’s bank account on a daily basis, either by hand or by electronic scanning to the bank, according to all client and departmental standards and policies.
* Good communication with internal and external customers
* Maintains clean, well-organized, properly stocked, and secure work area.
* Uses time wisely to keep production at/above minimum requirement to meet goals
* Pulls EOB’s from payer websites prior to depositing checks
* “Other duties as assigned”
* 10-Key by Touch
* 50 WPM typing skill, verifiable
* Cash Handling and Reconciliation Skills required.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Outlook Applications preferred.
* Must demonstrate effective communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
* Excellent Problem Solving Skills necessary.
* High School Graduate or Equivalent
Internal Number: MEM003591
About MemorialCare Health System
Let us introduce ourselves. We're MemorialCare, a nonprofit health system that includes four hospitals, two medical groups, imaging centers, surgical centers and much more. As one of the leading health systems in Orange County and Los Angeles County, we're confident that no matter what your needs are, we have the teams, tools and know-how to support you every step of the way.